Friday, April 27, 2007

checking in

nothin' much happening here thats worth writing about but i feel compelled to say SOMETHING...just because
.mmmmm....worlds a right mess, my back is killin' me and it reached 70 today....wow...'round mid day the sheep retreat to the dark cool barn....shearing time is almost here!
I've been carefully getting back into my fiber stuff...lungs willing.
skirted my new fleeces....basically removing all the butt and neck fiber and anything with too much hay or poop. I've spun some...wearing some serious respirator gear while i'm at it. I spin my wool "in the grease" meaning right off the animal....some folks wash their fleeces first....i wash mine after its spun, then hang it dry.
and heres me, lookin' like an 80's andro flannel dyke...lol....those are my skeins in the background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad ya checked in. Then we know your all right on that mountain! Hot here, just planted 7 rows of corn, 2 of beans, got burnt and gave up for a cold beer (and the beer won), more to plant tomorrow though! Have a good weekend Erin

Rosie said...

That's good to know that you can work them raw like that. I've got to get off my butt and shear the boys. I just can't tell much about their condition with all that wool on them.

My friend AXA over on Blog$hares loves your blog.

I hope you are feeling better. Spring is a big transition with all the new stuff in the air.

Jbeeky said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I am eagerly awaiting the shearing photos!